Choose one of the topics below to write a 1.5-2-page, double-spaced, 12-point type essay. Be thorough. Be thoughtful. HAVE A THESIS.
1) Write about the advantages and disadvantages of using vignettes to tell a story.
2) What does Mango Street represent?
3) Discuss the role of women in this book and their effect on Esperanza.
4) Discuss the use of language in this book and its effect on the reader. Use examples.
5) Where or from whom does Esperanza learn to be who she is?
6) Discuss the book's themes.
7) Discuss the roles of Sally and Marin in helping form Esperanza's views, opinions and identity.
8) Discuss Esperanza's relationship with trees throughout the book.