Click on the link to read THE TELL-TALE HEART
Answer these questions on paper to discuss in class tomorrow. Remember: this is for READING COMPREHENSION. While reading, really try to figure out what's going on. I usually read things once to get the narrative/plot down, then read again to pick up clues and hidden meanings.
1) Why does the narrator kill the old man?
2) Summarize the steps of his plan.
3) Why is the word "Death" capitalized?
4) What sound drives the narrator to confess the crime?
5) What 3 words would you use to describe the narrator?
6) Do you think the narrator feels guilty?
7) What is the turning point in the author's sanity?
8) Choose 5 words you are unfamiliar with and look them up. (Vex, Sagacity, etc.)
9) How is the narrator's madness shown in the rhythm of the writing?
10) Find three examples of alliteration.